Craig A. Chan, DDS
Meet Dr. Chan
Oral & Maxillfocial Surgery Craig A. Chan, DDS, Inc.
Dr. Craig Chan is the third of five sons. Although he has lived most of his life in California, being the son of an Air Force Officer brought to him many international experiences. He finished high school at Frankfurt American High School in Germany. He returned to the US to continue college attending California State University, Fullerton, and Claremont Men’s College in California (now known as Claremont McKenna College). He received his Doctor of Dental Science Degree (DDS) in 1983 at the prestigious Loma Linda University School of Dentistry. He then went on to complete his Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Training at Loma Linda University Medical Center in 1986. Among the memorable events during his training was participating in the care of those that received baby heart transplants under the direction of Dr. Bailey (the world renown infant heart transplant specialist).
He is currently in private practice in Encinitas, California. He has been devoted to his practice philosophy of providing “quality care with state of the art technology”. Dr. Chan stays on the cutting edge in patient care treatment. He uses state of the art imaging of dental and facial jaw structures. A Luxar CO2 Laser is used when indicated, which allows faster healing and less discomfort to the patient compared to conventional techniques. He is assisted with powerful computers to assure the business side of his practice is efficient.
Dr. Chan also has a commitment to keeping the dental community up to date through education in seminars and lectures. He even provides education for dentists on the internet.
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (CALAOMS)
- San Diego County Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (SDSOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- California Dental Association (CDA)
- San Diego County Dental Society (SDCDS)
- San Dieguito Dental Health Academy
- Healthsouth – Center For Surgery, Encinitas, CA
- Tri-City Medical Center, Oceanside, CA
- Tri-City Medical Center – Chief, Division of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery – 1991, 1992, 1993
- Healthsouth Center For Surgery – Chairman, Oral & Maxillfocial Surgery Division 1989 to present, Credentials and Advisory Committee – 1988 to present
- San Dieguito Dental Health Academy: Program Director – 1988, Secretary/Treasure 1989, Vice President -1990, President – 1991, 1992